Here are some quick, but important elk hunting tips. Ready? Here we go:
1. Decide on do-it-yourself hunting or if you want to use a hunting guide. Consider both options by clicking here.
2. Do some intense detective work to find your own good places to hunt elk. Click here for a thorough discussion about who to ask and where to look.
3. Decide if you want to hunt a trophy bull, or if you are willing to shoot a cow elk. Any elk is a trophy!
4. Decide if you want to hunt with a bow or rifle. Click here to consider the advantages and disadvantages of both.
5. Get the most useful, economic hunting gear for your elk hunt. Read about practical recommendations for affordable hunting gear here.
An elk hunting gear list that big game hunters will find helpful. This is a list and brief review of practical, useful, quality hunting equipment for elk hunters.
13. Be prepared to blood trail an elk that you shoot. Blood trailing an elk requires preparation and determination.
14. Make sure you’re prepared to field dress an elk. It’s a nasty job. Here is a step by step description of how to do it as cleanly as feasible.
15. Be prepared for packing elk meat! Big game retrieval requires a comprehensive plan. Read here about some options.
16. Learn how to take some quality pictures, with a simple digital camera, to share and relive your hunt. Here are some basic pointers the experts recommend.
Please subscribe to or our Quick Elk Hunting Tips and Updatesnewsletter or to an RSS feed (see left column for both) to be alerted whenever new information is added to the site.
We'd appreciate it if you would "Like" us on Facebook, or share this site with others.